Postdoctoral Financial Support
The UC Irvine School of Medicine offers several financial support opportunities for postdoctoral scholars.
- Travel Support: Postdoctoral scholars in the School of Medicine are eligible to apply for Postdoctoral Travel Support to help with the travel costs associated with attending a conference related to their research or for professional development opportunities.
- Fellowship Incentives: Postdoctoral scholars are eligible to apply for Individual Fellowship Incentives, including:
- Postdoctoral scholars who submit an individual fellowship application can apply for a $250 research award from the School of Medicine Office of Graduate Studies.
- Postdoctoral scholars who apply for and receive a K Award from the National Institutes of Health can apply for a $1,000 research award from the School of Medicine Office of Graduate Studies.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Opportunities:
- External Fellowship Opportunities: These are merit-based support mechanisms provided by federal or private foundations for both domestic and international research positions.